The Year Book of Indian Philately 2012
by Madan Middha
The Year Book of Indian Philately : 2012 by Mr Madan Middha has just been released. 2012 edition of the Year Book includes important philatelic texts / articles on some important subjects in Indian Philately . This edition of Year Book includes some important articles mentioned below :
- World famous Modern Indian Postal Historian Sh Ashok Kumar Bayanwala has authored an article on Indian “ P Stamps ”, known as “My Stamp”s in India, a very contemporary subject about very interesting & colourful philatelic collectibles, encompassing the history of “My Stamp”s from the very first issue in 2001 to the date.
- The 2012 edition contains an exclusively commissioned article on “Indian Service Stamps”, a sinfully ignored aspect of Indian Philately until now. The article highlights some unlisted & unknown-till-now denominations of Post Independence Indian Service Stamps. Service stamps were discontinued in 2001; but the article reveals that these are still being printed & distributed by the department with un-deniable proofs and pictures of the specimen. A revealing article.
- Well known versatile philatelic writer Naresh Agarwal has penned an illustrative text for the edition, focused on “Indian Bazaar Cards” , a very interesting and reflective component of the Indian Postal Stationery of Pre-independence era. The article throws all-round light on these cards, which are an integral part of the Indian Postal History and of the Social History as well.
- Dr Satyendra Kumar Agarwal, a very much recognized philatelic author of high repute, has added the flavor of the Thematic Philately to the Year Book’s this edition with his well researched well illustrated article on“Miniature Paintings of India”. A delight to go through.
- Master of his subject, Sh Ilyas Ahemad Patel has also added to the readability of the edition with his focused article on his specialized subject “ Indian Bridges in Philately”; another well researched interesting thematic article.
- “Virtual Philately” , the latest incarnation of philately, specially to attract the ‘Generation – IT’ to its fold, is the subject of the write-up authored by Sudhir Jain for this edition of the Year Book. This tells, how to become a philatelist without spending even a paisa..
International Shows, Issue Programme for 2013, Indian Issues of 2012 ( including miscellaneous issues), Postal History 2012, Events & Society News 2012 & Philatelic Tidbits from all over the world.
- Like the earlier editions, all the commemorative issues of the edition-year are explained with extensive thematic & technical details including illustrations, with a view to explore the contexts of the issues for the collections of the philatelists. For more detailed coverage, the illustrations of the stamps have been replaced by that of the complete FDCs of the issues, to make them more useful and illustrative for the collectors.
- Details of the current Indian Postal rates including for the Premium Services of India Post like Speed Post (including International Speed Post ), Greetings Post, Media Post, Bill Mail Service, Direct Post & so on.
- A three part bibliography for the editions of the Year Book is also integrated in the edition for the readers’ ready reference. Three parts of the bibliography are focused on The Individual Articles, The Subject wise Classification & The Authors.
The book is available at Rs 300. Just send M.O. ( only M.O.s are accepted ) for Rs 300/- at the following address and you will receive your copy of the 2012 Year Book by registered post.
Please Remit your amount to : Madan Middha, Saket Vihar, Phalka Bazar, GWALIOR 474 001.